The Healthy Lawn Team is a non-profit group of volunteers involved in educational outreach about the risks of lawn care pesticides to humans, pets and the environment. We prepared a Pets and Pesticides brochure in conjunction with area veterinarians.
You may request a packet of 100 brochures for your clinic or organization. To cover the cost of printing and mailing, we are charging $22 for 100 brochures.
If you would like a larger quantity, you may request use of the PDF and have them printed yourself. We have reserved a space on the back of the brochure to apply a sticker or stamp with your clinic’s information. We hope you will find it helpful to educate your clients about the risks of these commonly used products.
Below are some of the references that were used to write the brochure. If you have additional sources and articles we would appreciate the information.
Healthy Lawn Team Board
1. Hayes HM., RE. Tarone, KP. Cantor. 1995. On the association between canine malignant lymphoma and opportunity for exposure to 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid. Environmental Research 70: 119–125.
2. PM Reynolds, JS Reif,, HS Ramsdell, JD Tessari. 1994. Canine exposure to herbicide-treated lawns and urinary excretion of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention April 1994 3;233
3. Glickman LT., M. Raghaven, DW. Knapp, PL. Bonney, MH. Dawson. 2004. Herbicide exposure and the risk of transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder in Scottish Terriers. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 224(8): 1290–1297.
4. Pet Poison Helpline: Things in Your Yard That are Poisonous to Dogs and Cats www.petpoisonhelpline.com/2011/09/things-in-your-yard-that-are-poisonous-to-dogs-cats/
5. Pet Poison Helpline: Mouse and Rat Poison www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/mouse-and-rat-poison/